Most of the world’s PC are now running on the latest Windows OS namely Windows 10 which is quite in the high light now. I guess you would be running on the same OS and I have the Anniversary update 1607 on my Windows PC but recently I came across an issue where my Windows 10 Action center stopped working. Later the same day I asked my friend about the issue and he gave me some tips since he faced such a similar issue in the past. And I thought it would be quite perfect to write the ways and tricks to solve Action center not working tutorial for people just like me.
I know hard it could be and how messy it becomes when you can run the Windows 10 Action center, through which we most of your leg work to be fact. But worry not my friends, for that I am going to truly post some interesting ways in which you can eliminate and solve the issue regarding Windows 10 Action center not working.
Table Of Content
How does Windows 10 Action Center Stop working?
Before I get into the solution step, let me explain a bit how this error occurs and what kind of issues we would come across. So, sometimes we might tend to use our Windows PC or laptop to high end which might use high CPU usage. Thus, this will effect and bring unsorted changes such as Action center not working being the most prominent one. Later we also face few more issues such as loss of Network icon and this disables our network connection prominently.
Later the whole of action center is not accessible where we find notifications and different actions could be taken care of. Some users have complained facing issues such as Cortana stops working and then the search won’t work properly.
How to Solve Windows 10 Action Center Not Working – Best ways to solve this issue
I have come up with few of the finest and easiest ways of solving this issue so that in near future you can do it all by yourself. See some of the method might not work for your windows 10 desktop, but this is the reason why I have more than a single method to eliminate this problem.
Note: Following the below method will do no harm to your windows desktop
Method 1 – Boot in Safe Mode
We will be using the safe mode boot for once and this will enable the notification and action center working intact. Later we can switch the regular boot mode by restarting our computer. You can find the steps below.
- We will run the task manager by using the command CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
- Now we have to select File tab and click on Run new task option
- In the run command enter, msconfig which will open system configuration
- Under the Boot tab, select OS, then select safe mode with network option
- Click on OK and choose the Restart option when a new popup appears
- We have now opened Windows 10 in safe mode where the Action center will be working fine
- Later you can restart your desktop properly and this will solve the action center not working issue completely!
Method 2 – Run SFC
System file checker is one hell of a way to solve any issue that might be hurting your Windows OS and it is worthy to give a try. It is a utility tool that helps to scan and detect issue, which later are restored.
- Right click on the Start button, and now select the Command Prompt
- After that enter the “sfc/scannow” in the box and click enter button
- Now the SFC will scan foe issue, once it is done it will restart the computer
- Finally we will be having no issue once the scan is done!
Method 3 – Running the DISM Tool
DISM is a fine way of disk cleaning of corrupted files and later restoring the image with non-corrupted files. This tool could be helpful to solve our issue but it will take around 15 – 20 minutes so as to solve the issue. And that is why I had this method for the last, of none of the above methods work then the last resort is to try DISM tool.
- We will now run the Command Prompt from Start button by right clicking on it
- Later we have to type in each of the command below one after another
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for the tool to finish the scanning process which might take a bit of time
- Once it is done, we will now run the command prompt again and type Exit and press enter
- Restart your computer once and the issue will be resolved!
Method 4 – A Clean restart
Till the time you’ve followed all these methods we have tried a numerous tricks on our Windows 10. So, it might just need a little restart which in some cases have surely solved the Action center not working issue.
- I guess you know how to restart your computer, well if not just follow the below steps.
- Click on the windows button, then press the power button
- And select Restart option which will restart and boot your windows 10 desktop once again
- After that try to open the action center once again and it will work like charm this time!
Note: I would not like to mess around with system files and renaming them, so just follow the above methods which aren’t so hard and can be done in quick time as well.
Thank you for reading this guide and I really think you will find it really helpful in solving the Windows 10 action center not working issue. Believe me the above methods should work absolutely fine and help you to get rid of the problem the same way it helped me.
But in the end if you still cannot understand or else if there is a problem with the guide, then do let me know in the comments section. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible and sharing is caring.